Judges’ Top Scores and Sponsor Prize Winners Announced
The TeenStar 2017 Grand Final prize winners and judges’ top scores have been revealed! The national singing and dance competition TeenStar Grand Final took place on Saturday 29th July at The Alban Arena in St Albans, and gave acts the chance to perform in front of a massive crowd and industry judging panel. All acts were competing for the title of ‘TeenStar Champion 2017.’
TeenStar 2017 Prize Winners
The Grand Final was professional filmed as all Grand Finalists will feature on Showcase TV on SKY TV in a special one-off show, to air later this year. The overall singing and dance winners will be announced on Tuesday 1st August.
The overall singing winner of TeenStar will win:
- Production of their album in one of the UK’s finest recording studios, River Studios.
- Work with a top producer on their songs.
- Fully produced video of the single of their choice.
- An initial extensive winner’s publicity package (previous winners coverage includes; BBC and ITV television, Rewind Magazine, Mojo, RWD, Q Magazines and more).
- A comprehensive consultation and development package which includes image and brand advice, a social media revamp, and access to industry contacts, plus more.
The overall dancing winner of TeenStar will win:
- Sponsorship deal with a major dancer supplier (or equivalant cash prize).
- Fully produced video of the TeenStar performance of your choice.
- Promotional photo shoot by one of the UK’s best photographers.
- An initial extensive winner’s publicity package (previous winners coverage includes BBC and ITV television, Rewind Magazine, Mojo, RWD, Q Magazines and more).
TeenStar Grand Final Judges
The TeenStar 2017 Grand Final judging panel included;
- Ryan Jenkins – Professional Dancer and Choreographer
- Swoosh – From Flawless Dance Group
- Tom Lightfoot – A Talent Producer for The X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent
- James Ellett – From Modest Management, who manage artists such as; One Direction, Little Mix and Olly Murs to name a few!
- Natalie Shay – Open Mic UK winner and award winning singer songwriter artist
- Truchio Powell – A Creative and Events Director
- Chris Grayston – Head Judge; Music Consultant For Sony and Thames TV and Head of Future Music
Look out for all the judges’ feedback to follow on the website.
TeenStar 2017 Grand Final – Judges’ Top Scores
Pre-Teen Singers Top 5 Judges’ Scores:
1st – Brooke Burke
2nd – Theresa Delaney
3rd – Archie
4th – Jeremiah Emmanuel
Joint 5th – Adam Cusack and Sophie Dundas
Pre-Teen Dancers Top 5 Judges’ Scores:
1st – Slay3rZ
2nd – Destiny Andrew (Tribal Modern Dance)
3rd – Ellie-Rose
4th – E-Kidz
5th – Tara
Mid-Teen Singers Top 5 Judges’ Scores:
1st – Annabel
2nd – Beaux Beatz
3rd – Eliza Mai
4th – Chantee
5th – Rebecca Luckham
Mid-Teen Dancers Top 5 Judges’ Scores:
1st – Scandalous Productions
2nd – James Afroman
3rd – Georgie & Molly
4th – Fierce
5th – DUPLEX
Late-Teen Singers Top 5 Judges’ Scores:
1st – Roadstead
2nd – Okeam Briscoe
3rd – Alex’Nicole Jamieson
4th – Cassa Jackson
5th – Arion
Late-Teen Dancers Top 5 Judges’ Scores:
1st – Katy Smith
2nd – UNTAMED
3rd – Excel Dance
4th – Amelia Chappell
5th – Fierce
TeenStar Sponsor Prize Winners
Singer Sponsor Winners
- Brooke Burke
Pre-Teen Dance Sponsor Winner
Squad Dancewear, who specialise in selling the latest styles of great quality dancewear products, have provided the winning dance act a 3-piece set of their choice which includes; a top, shorts and leggings plus a ‘Squad’ baseball cap.
Mid and Late Teen Dance Sponsor Winners
- Scandalous Productions
- Katy Smith
The winning dance acts have been awarded a scholarship to the Flawless Dance School in London! Flawless were created in 2004 and went public in 2005 bringing something fresh, new and original to the dance world. They found huge success in the first series of Britain’s Got Talent and have since worked with Kylie, Madonna, Jay Sean to name a few.
Flawless are very passionate about dancers finding their place within the industry, they understand how important it is for up and coming dancers to know their strength and weaknesses, so they are able to identify what needs to be worked and improved on. The Flawless dance school not only teaches dance but also mentors and monitors student progress by providing end of term reports.
TeenStar Showcase Winners
The following acts were selected as Showcase Winners at the TeenStar Grand Final, and will have a special showcase meeting with music industry professionals to discuss further development for their music careers.
- Eva Rose Finnemore
- Erin Leah
- Adam Cusack
- Ethan Cross
- Brooke Burke
- Katie Louise
- Morgan Metson
- Summer Parris
- Eliza Mai
- Eliza Mackenzie
- Okeam Briscoe
- Cassa Jackson
- Alex’Nicole Jamieson
- Amy Walklett
- Emily Ray
- Abigail McEwan
TEENSTAR PRIZE WINNERS
The TeenStar singing and dance competition Grand Final is the climax of the whole competition! To get your place booked for next year’s competition ready for the auditions beginning in summer, enter TeenStar 2018 here.
Open Mic UK is still open for entries for 2017, however audition places are filling fast to get involved in this prestigious competition. If you are interested in auditioning for 2017 for more information and to enter go to www.OpenMicUK.co.uk.