There are plenty of amazing songs to dance to, from the best of 2021 to 80s and 90s classics. We’ve also got the best hip-hop songs and the best slow dance songs so you’re sorted for any tempo.
Out best 50 songs to dance to are a mix of modern hits and classics and are made to keep you moving. While most are uptempo grooves, we have got some slow jams at the end for those who want to take it easy.
Dance music has changed a lot since the 80s. It’s continued to evolve since hip-hop developed in the 90s and through to the present day.
Best songs to dance to 2021
2021 is proving to be a great and diverse year for music. There are a great number of songs to dance to across a whole range of genres from country to hip-hop.
Best Dance Songs 2021
We’re going to start off our top 50 modern and contemporary with the best dance songs of 2021
1. The Other Side by SZA, Justin Timberlake
2. Dance Again by Selena Gomez
3. Stupid Love by Lady Gaga
4. Toosie Slide by Drake
5. Stuck with U by Ariana Grande & Justin Bieber
6. Physical by Dua Lipa
7. Dance Money by Tones and I
8.Know Your Worth by Khalid & Discolsure
9. Be Kind – Halsey &Marshmello
10. I’m Ready Sam Smith & Demi Lovato
Best hip-hop songs to dance to
Hip-hop didn’t just evolve as a genre of music. A whole culture including dancing grew with it. Hip-hop and street dancing in amongst the most popular forms of dance in the world. Of course a large part of this is because of the music. Although some great dance songs came out of hip-hop in the 90s, the real bangers came in the 21st century.
11. Stir Fry by Migos
12. I Like It by Cardi B
13. Hey Ya by Outkast
14. In Da Club by 50 Cent
15 . Give It To Me by Timbaland
16. Crazy In Love by Byeoncé & Jay-Z
17. Don’t Cha Pussycat Dolls & Busta Rhymes
18. Gold Digger by Kanye West & Jamie Foxx
19. Get Ur Freak On Missy Elliott
20. Hotline Bling Drake
Best 80s songs to dance to
Electronic music really found its place in the world in the 80s. The sounds of synths and drum machines reigned supreme and ushered in a new era of dance music that was radically different from anything that came before it. The result was a classic sound and style that sticks out as much as any other in the history of popular music. This decade also layed the foundations of hip hop, which would begin to dominate popular music in the ensuing decades.
21. Billie Jean by Michael Jackson
22. Another One Bites The Dust by Queen
23. Me Myself And I by De La Soul
24. Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston
25. All Night Long by Lionel Ritchie
26. Let’s Dance by David Bowie
27. Word Up by Cameo
28. Take On Me by a-ha
29. Push It Salt N Pepa
30. Rhythm Nation by Janet Jackson
Best 90s songs to dance to
Dance music and hip-hop continued to grow thoughout the 90s and even began crossing over. There is such a wide mix of songs to dance to from the 90s, fromacid house to soulful hip-hop. New genres started to form within dance and hip-hop, allowing for dance to become more pervasive throughout the rest of popular music, as well as popular culture.
31. Around the World by Daft Punk
32. Praise You by Fatboy Slim
33. Hypnotize The Notorious B.I.G.
34. Virtual Insanity by Jamiroquai
35. Firestarter by the Prodigy
36. No Scrubs by TLC
37. Doo Wop (That Thing) by Lauryn Hill
38. …Baby One More Time by Britney Spears
39. Men In Black by Will Smith
40. Believe by Cher
Best slow songs to dance to
Sometimes you just want to bring the tempo down. It is good to have some slow songs to dance to when the situation arises. Whether it’s for proms, wedding or any other occasion, here are some of the best slow songs. There are many classics here from some amazing artists and musicians, as well as some modern slow songs that are perfect for those who are loking for something new.